Thursday 27 July 2017

99 nine not-so-red balloons

Hello Crafters, 

how are you? 

My daughters' Birthday was last month and we're having a rather big party every year. This year, it was even bigger, because of the new school and new friends and we celebrated with another girl who's Birthday is only one week later. So we needed heaps of invitations this year.
This is, why I wanted to keep it very simple, but I still wanted them to look really good.
 
I picked this lovely balloon background stamp and heat embossed a whole bunch of water colour card panels. I love this stamp, doesn't it just remind you of that old Nena song? 

While I was stamping and embossing, my girls helped me by colouring the balloons with my ZIG markers. We had chosen several colour schemes beforehand, because I didn't want them to use too many colours and create mud. 


Then we spritzed the panels liberally with water to make the colours run into each other and set the panels to air dry. We did 2-3 layers of colour on each panel.

Next we created vellum strips with nice torn edges and layered them around the lower third of the panels. On the top layer, I stamped and embossed the sentiment, which of course means "invitation".
In the end we embellished the panels with sequins and little heart die cuts and adhered them to white, black  or grey card bases, depending on the colour scheme.

I personally like the first card (the blue one) best, but my girls preferred the pink and yellow colour scheme. 

Hope you all have a great day
Ela


********************************************************
Edit:
The balloon stamp is by Create a smile, if anyone is interested.
********************************************************




Challenges: 
Simon says Stamp: Anything goes
The Paper Players: Sketch 




8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. I was saying my favourite is the blue one too. They all look amazing! Could you tell me what the stamp is please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      thanks a lot for your visit. I sent you a message on your site. :)
      And I'll add the info regarding the stamp to my posting, in case anyone else is interessted.

      Love
      Ela

      Delete
  3. I love the rich colours that you've used on these invitations. The blue especially looks wonderful against the embossed balloons. I really like the torn vellum layers you've used. Such a lovely creation and it's so great that your children helped in the colouring. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous backgrounds, Ela! Love the watercolory look, and your girls did a great job! So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your design and all its variations, Ela, don't think I can pick a favorite! Thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so fun to color these backgrounds and you've done yours beautifully. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh i just found this other card and the name of the company thank you so much. Some more wonderful cards. Xx

    ReplyDelete